Thursday 18 February 2010

Tutorial - Week 2

During the tutorial I learnt how to do a basic animation. This helped me to learn how to animate an object in 3Ds Max which I didn't previously know how to do. After learning this I would like to explore how to animate objects in more detail. I still have a lot to learn and I am looking forward to finding out what else I can do with this program.

The basic animation I learnt was moving a ball across a plane using different frames. I also made the ball look like it is spinning on its axis which was quite difficult to do. Another skill I learnt was how to make a ball look like it is slowly increasing in size. Another technique I used to make this animation was lighting. I used a spotlight to make the animation more effective and enabled shadows.

This is the video of my animation after I rendered it in 3Ds Max.



This is an image showing the ball and plane that I created.



















This shows the creation of the ball on the plane in 3Ds Max.











0 comments:

Post a Comment