Friday 16 April 2010

Dito - Part 1 - Body, Head, Eyes and Arms

Dito was surprisingly easy to make. I started by making the shape of the body from a sphere. I then changed the colour of the sphere to yellow because Dito is a duck. Using the symmetry tool was vital because I needed to make sure that the body wash the right shape on both sides of the body. I then extruded the head from the sphere and shaping it to make it slightly larger on the top of the head. The body and the head was fairly easy to make as I was able to produce this within 3 hours. I did mess up a bit of the sphere on the duck but I fixed this by connecting some of the edges on the poly.

The eyes were very simple I made these out of spheres and used the select and uniform scale tool to make sure that they were shaped correctly and both with different sizes. This was to give the duck a slightly quirky look. I made sure the eyes were not pure white because they would blend in with the background and would not be seen very well. Because of this i made the eyes off white. I then made the pupils by making a sphere and squashing it flat. I changed the colour of the sphere to black and then mirrored a copy to make sure there were two identical pupils.

The arms were slightly more difficult to make. I had to extrude a section of the body which I thought would be sufficient enough for the arms and I then reshaped them to form a circle shape arm. I wanted to make the arm fairly thick to make sure that it could be seen, however, i only wanted the duck to have small arms to make it seem cute. The body had the symmetry tool applied to it so I did not need to shape the other arm and try to make it match. Instead I made one arm and the other arm naturally formed as I was producing it.














This is the rendered version of the duck so far. I am very confident at this point that the duck will look very good. I think this character needs to be very simple because it is not a main character.

0 comments:

Post a Comment