Tuesday 27 April 2010

Mizo - Part 5 - Changes to Top

I noticed that Mizo's shirt would be very difficult to skin and make move with the body. Because of this I looked into different ways I could apply a shirt to him. I found some tutorials online and asked many of my friends. They gave me the solution of using Material ID's and applying them to each polygon. This was so much easier to do and I wish I had found it sooner. I needed to create a material with 'Multi/Sub-Object' Selected.

The image below shows how I did this.














This is a rendered image of the mouse's shirt with the edited polygons and the t-shirt that I originally made. They both look exactly the same and very similar, however, it would be lots easier during the skinning part to use material ID's.

0 comments:

Post a Comment