Tuesday 20 April 2010

Dito - Part 2 - Beak and Legs

The rest of Dito was also pretty easy to produce. I think this is because he has a really simple body shape and his features are simple shapes as well.

I created the beak by firstly making a sphere and reshaped it using many tools. I used the selection and uniform scale tool, edit poly modifier, soft selection tool, Meshsmooth tool and many more. I changed the colour of the beak to orange to make it match the body well.

The legs were very simple as well. I simply made a cylinder and used the select and uniform scale tool to make the bottom and top of the legs slightly bigger then the middle of the legs to show they connect to the body and feet. I then slightly bent the cylinder near the middle to make it seem like the duck has knees. The mirror tool came in very useful at this stage because I was able to make a mirrored copy for the other leg.














This is the rendered image shown below. It is nearly finished and I am very impressed with it at this stage. I only need to make the feet and flag and then Dito will be finished.

0 comments:

Post a Comment